Penny Tarrant has been working in the real estate industry for over 14 years, turning a family passion for property into a career. In addition to key corporate roles at Ray White, Harcourts, and as Auctioneer for the Public Trustee, Penny spent time as the National Recruitment Manager for LJ Hooker – if anyone understand the frustrations of Principals attempting to recruit salespeople, it’s her … and that was even before she accepted the partnership invitation in 2016 to launch Real Estate Recruitment Australia.
In this extended interview, Penny details the Top 5 Frustrations … and the solutions.
1. Wasting Time and Money on New Sales Staff Who Don’t Perform
2. They feel held to ransom by key staff because they are the only performing agents in the office.
3. Selling Principals who just don’t have time to properly recruit while juggling everything else in the business
4. Even for non-selling principals – time spent recruiting takes time away from growth and retention. They lose agents as quickly as they find them, and never get ahead
5. A lot of coffees that go nowhere. And if they keep calling, texting, writing for months on end, they just feel like stalkers and never get results
#RealReach Members also benefit from two checklists Penny has created: Asking ‘Are you an Attraction Agency’ and ‘What are your Recruitment KPIs’. Access these, and over 100 other modules, as a #RealReach Member now.